We are looking for a premises assistant to work across our school’s two sites.
The post-holder will work as part of a team to ensure that our school premises are safe, secure, free from hazards, functional, welcoming and comfortable for pupils, staff and visitors. We are looking for someone professional, hard-working, committed, willing, pro-active and flexible – who will care for and look after our school and its children, staff and visitors.
The role will include assisting with:
- opening and closing the school sites
- maintenance of school buildings, grounds and utilities, including minor repairs and decoration tasks
- supervising and communicating with contractors who are undertaking larger works on site
- carrying out tests and checks, to identify issues with security, safety, lighting, heating, plumbing etc
- ensuring the school is clean, tidy, well presented and free from hazards
- ensuring any lettings/functions on school premises are managed well
- collecting and delivering items, safely moving furniture, equipment and stores as required
- smooth running of school events, for example PTA fairs.
Finding the right person is more important than previous experience. You will be supported and guided by our experienced Premises Manager. We have well established policies and procedures for most aspects of the role - and you will help us to develop these further. Please read the attached job description and personal specification document for full details of the role.
SALARY RANGE: Wandsworth Scale 4 spinal points 7-10: £23,629-£24,928
HOURS/DAYS OF WORK: Full time, year round, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Extended hours are available. Two potential shift patterns are offered: 7:30am to 4:30pm, or split shift 7:30 – 11:00 am and 2:30 to 6:12pm.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 20th March 2020. Interviews will take place in the week beginning 30th March.To start as soon as possible.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
Please read the job description and person specification, complete the application form and email it to email@example.com by Friday 20th March.