Required as soon as possible
Members of our midday team provide support to pupils during their lunchtime break - to encourage them to make the right choices, build friendships and to interact with each other through play.
Salary: £3972.94 per annum
Hours: 7.5 hours per week (1.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday - hours may be 12.00-1.30pm or 12.30-2.00pm).
39 weeks per annum (including attending Inset Days). Holiday is not to be taken during term time.
Reports to: Belleville’s Senior Leadership Team.
Must be willing and able to work on either of our two school sites (Webb's Road SW11 6PR and Meteor Street SW11 5NZ).
We are looking for someone who:
- would like to work part time, in a happy and friendly school;
- enjoys working with children and can relate to them on their level;
- can work well in a team;
- is positive, committed, reliable and punctual;
- is tolerant, empathetic and calm under pressure;
- is confident with managing the behaviour of groups of children;
- can initiate age-appropriate games and activities in the playground;
- can take responsibility for children's safety and wellbeing.
Experience of working with groups of children is desirable.
A First Aid qualification would be welcomed but is not essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a DBS check.
Please return your completed application and equal opportunities form to the school, either by post to Belleville Primary School, Belleville Road, London SW11 6PR, or by email to email@example.com. CVs are not accepted. Early response is encouraged.
Downloads for the Midday Assistant role:
Job description and person specification
Equal opportunities monitoring form