We teach geography in order for all children to have:
- a secure geographical knowledge and understanding of place, location and the human and physical geography of the world;
- the skills and language to be able to make observations, connections, comparisons, ask questions and evaluate from what they see, learn and understand.
Our approach involves:
- Ensuring a balance between gaining knowledge and understanding, and developing the skills for robust enquiry to learn about the world.
- Maximising the use of first-hand experiences to ensure the context of place is relevant.
- Progressive, systematic building of vocabulary and concepts, linking and securing learning over time.
Download an overview of our geography curriculum.
Download an overview of how knowledge, understanding and skills progress in geography through different year groups at Belleville.