Ofsted judged Belleville to be 'outstanding' in all areas in March 2022.
Belleville School and the Q1E Multi-Academy Trust are delighted to announce that Belleville School has been graded Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ in all areas following an inspection in March 2022.
The full report is available here and is available on the Ofsted website. The Ofsted inspectors were impressed with the ambitious curriculum offered and the rich experiences available for all the children. They were also impressed by the excellent behaviour of the children and their positive engagement with learning.
Here are a few highlights from the report:
- Pupils are safe and thrive at Belleville. They are very well prepared for the next stages of their education.
- Pupils speak with enthusiasm about the rich curriculum they learn. They also participate in a wide range of after-school activities, from chess, musical theatre, and ballet to Mandarin, lacrosse, and crochet.
- Pupils behave very well in lessons. They engage positively with their learning and show maturity when working alone or with others.
- Pupils’ personal development is carefully considered. The curriculum helps pupils understand how to stay physically and emotionally safe, and the diverse society in which they live. Pupils speak confidently about the importance of equality and challenging discriminatory language and behaviour.
- Staff are proud to work at Belleville. They receive extensive professional development and are appreciative of this.
- Leaders have planned a highly ambitious curriculum. Pupils develop detailed knowledge and understanding over time.
This ‘Outstanding’ grade has been achieved by a team effort of which we are very proud. It is a recognition of our relentless drive for improvement, excellence and equality which is shown by our teaching and support staff, leadership team, Local Governing Body, central Q1E Trust team and Trustees. Most importantly, it is a recognition of the excellent attitudes to learning of all the children.
We were also delighted that Ofsted recognised that our children are well prepared for the next stages of their education as we are proud of our secondary transfer record. Further information is available here.
Belleville School and the Q1E Trust are always looking forward. We intend to continue to build on this Ofsted result with our ongoing evaluation and improvement plan and as well as increasing Belleville’s engagement within the wider community.
You can look at our results data on the government's school performance website.
You can also download a document summarising our key attainment data below:
Belleville Primary School Key Attainment Data 2019
The Department of Education have stipulated that schools are not required to publish their assessment results from 2019/20 and 2020/21 academic years as these have not been published as performance measures by the Secretary of State as SATs were cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Schools must continue to display their 2018/2019 performance measures until new performance measures are published for the 2021/22 academic year.