Mindfulness After-School Club
My name is Anna Wille and as some of you know, I have been teaching Mindfulness for the past 7 years to over 6000 adults and children. I am delighted to be running another 6week ‘paws.b’ Mindfulness Club at the school after Half Term, at 3.45-4.45pm on Fridays from 10th June to July 15th in class 4D at Webbs (children can arrive at 3.30 as before). The club of up to 30 children in Years 4-6 will teach your children how to:
· understand how their brain works; its choice making, memory, empathy and fight or flight parts
· know how they can train it to focus better: to improve their concentration in lessons, tests, sports or music
· listen to others & recognise emotions to improve self-awareness & social skills
· recognise what makes them worry and how to steady themselves
· learn how to respond rather than react (ie. avoid fight or flight urges)
· cope with everyday stresses (e.g. friendships, insomnia, nightmares, sibling fights)
· work with difficult mind states such as worrying, sadness, anger, fear or grief
· experience greater happiness and calmness in and out of school
· focus on the good by practicing gratitude and compassion.
By the end of the 6 weeks your child will have learnt 8 meditations and have coping strategies to increase their adaptability and resilience, as well as key areas of emotional intelligence such as self-motivation self-esteem and self-regulations.
The 6 week club costs £60 and includes a booklet and meditation audios. Please email me directly (below) to book a place or call for more information.
+ 44 7771 543 623
Download the Mindfulness After-School Club flyer